Is it really February already? scary to think but in about three months, the "real world" will welcome me or shun me from its graces. The group of people I will be graduating will make a difference in the world. When I started UNM 4.5 years ago, I thought it would be like the movies, partying and fun, which for the most part it has been. So much more good and bad has happened, I am really glad I was able to stay "home" here at UNM. I have always beleived that you can create a world of difference no matter where you are, I hardly recognize myself sometimes, because I am no longer afraid of the uncertain, just afraid of missing out on the experience.
Now that I look back at this time last year, how the hell did I do all that stuff, by stuff I mean cram three years worth of promises, ambitions, dreams into 36o-some days. I really owe this feeling of accomplishment to my current mentoring job. I work with people who have nothing to lose, so it only makes me appreciate everything, and I no longer want to lose out on anything. I have begun to take time and make time for things I used to brush off because I was "busy" or "tired." I have come to realize being tired is all in your head, for the most part. I am in better mental and physical shape then ever and the records will reveal that. To think how much I used to worry about being scared.
I am really fortunate to have found some really good friends I didnt realize I already had, rediscovering the physiological wonders of lapo, the afterhours life of the humanities building.
-"im out here on the road, i seem to have it all, bolt it to the floor, tape it to the wall, sometimes im here and i still freak out, the tape would not reveal a thing" -JM
Saturday, February 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment