"This is what 2am looks like, and you look great"
It has been a while.
2AM, surrounded by vibrant people and things worth staying up late for on a cold December evening. Worth waking up in the morning with a smile on your face that everything worked out and everyone got along.
I can't thank everyone enough for letting me in on this. Sitting in the roller rink was pretty interesting, it took me back to a time before social network sites and blogs. That was the social link and hot spot. Today it is still the spot. Just not as openly social, and who does not like hip hop these days? The moon and stars aligned for a great time had by all. It is a blessing.
A 5am trip back home this morning, coupled with being run off the road by a truck driver around La Cienega; left me a bit reflective on the preceding 48 hours. I wonder if the driver of that truck ever noticed, i dont think so, probably as oblivious to his morning drive as to the rest of his life. Makes me think of a certain "bad driver" in ( The Great Gatsby's Guide to Bad Driving in 1927). Agressive driving saves the day.
Among other thins, I have to copy and paste from the JM blog post from yesterday, it has so much meaning to me, and for those of you who have/long to have something to be passionate about and being away from it and how that can feel; I know you will get it too:
"Why go back at it so soon? Because I suck at everything else and I hate being reminded of it"
"If you think we writers do what we do for anything else than patching up voids, you're mistaken. It's all void putty...take it all away and my life story becomes completely unremarkable. I'm not getting down on myself, I'm getting up on the gift... I'm not much without it, and I'm blessed to have it."
I am blessed to have it, someting to be passionate about, and I am blessed to have the people in my life that I do, even if I/We take too long to see each other when we have the chance to.
1 comment:
I am so glad you and Katie were able to make it! I kind of forget what I did/said from midnight till two, due to a lot of alcohol, but hopefully I didn't embarrass myself too much...
Thanks again for coming!!!
Post a Comment