Sunday, April 23, 2006


Scoping out the Situation(s)

Whirlwind trip to Phoenix/Avondale; Literally, on the way home there were many whirlwind situations to choose from. Best weekend in a long long time, great to be around the racing scene and people who enjoy it. heres a breif itinerary of trip:

4/22/06 -Albuquerque, NM

1.) 5:30AM MST -leave to Tempe. AZ
2.) 8:30AM AZT
3.) 12:20PM AZT- Arrive at hotel, ask attendant approximate time to track from hotel, reply= 2.5 Hours, I reply yeah right.
4.) 12:45PM AZT Quick refresher, off to the race track
5.) 1:00PM -AZT Arrive at Phoenix International Raceway, Corporate Passes in hand
6.) 1:25PM -AZT Make Way through the main merch area, and scope of the "situations"
7.) 1:45PM -AZT Arrive at Corporate Village (=Free Beer, Food, Cash and Prizes)
8.) 2:30PM -AZT Pit Row Access for "25 Minute Tour
9.) 4:45PM -AZT Ushered out of Pit area by security, complete with Jeff Gordons
10.) Signature and goods in hand, also talked with racing 'guru's
11.) 4:47PM -AZT Ushered out again from Pit Area,
12.) 5:00PM -AZT Stop by Set of SPEED TV pre-race show, am spotted on live TV by friends, get calls
13.) 5:15PM -AZT Return to Corporate Village (See Item 7.)
14.) 5:45PM -AZT Make way to seats
15.) 5:50PM -AZT Race Begins
16.) 5:55PM -AZT 'Drunk Girl' "Falls' onto Nick
17.) 5:56PM -AZT See above and repeat 25 Times
18.) 8:45PM -AZT Race Concluded
19.) 9:00PM -AZT Leave Race
20.) 10:00PM AZT Arrive at "Mill Ave" for festivities

Sunday 4/23/06 Tempe,AZ

21.) 12:20AM -AZT Festivites Conclude
22.) 12:30AM -AZT Domestic Disturbance 1 next door
23.) 12:35AM -AZT See Above
24.) 1:00AM -AZT Lights out
25.) 8:30 AM -AZT Wake Up call/Checkout
26.) 9:00 AM -AZT Breakfast
27.) 10:00AM -AZT Depart
28.) 6:00PM -MST Arrive in NM


Anyway a welcome relief. While away realized how much I miss being at the races, though enexpected, did get to catch up with some old friends who I happened to run into throughout the trip. However upon returning home, some old stuff going on, just now without me. This did put things in perspective:

I am: - more comfortable, and confident on, at or around any motorsport facility or event
- more approchable and kind hearted when I do what I want
- no longer hesitant to take care of things I need to do, no matter what that may cause to happen in the future.

No comments: