Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Continuum


Waiting on the world to change

me and all my friends
we're all misunderstood
they say we stand for nothing and
there's no way we ever could
now we see everything that's going wrong
with the world and those who lead it
we just feel like we don't have the means
to rise above and beat it

so we keep waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

it's hard to beat the system
when we're standing at a distance
so we keep waiting
waiting on the world to change
now if we had the power
to bring our neighbors home from war
they would have never missed a Christmas
no more ribbons on their door
and when you trust your television
what you get is what you got
cause when they own the information, oh
they can bend it all they want

that's why we're waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

it's not that we don't care,
we just know that the fight ain't fair
so we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

and we're still waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting waiting on the world to change
one day our generation
is gonna rule the population
so we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

Stop this Train

Stop this Train
No,im not colorblind
I know the world is black and white
try to keep an open mind
just cant sleep on this tonight

Stop this train
I wanna get off and go home
again
cant take the speed
it's movin in
I know i cant
but honestly wont someone
stop this train

Don't know how else to say it
dont wanna see my parents go
one generations left for me
findin life out on my own

Stop this train
I wanna get off and go home
again
cant take the speed
it's movin in
I know i cant
but honestly wont someone
stop this train

so green at gettin older
im only good at being young
so i play the numbers game
i find a way to say that
life has just begun

had a talk with my old man
said help me understand
he said since 68
you renegotiate
dont stop this train
dont fall in bed and lose the place youre in
dont think i couldnt ever understand
i tried my hand
John , honestly
we'll never stop this train

once in awhile
when it's good
it will feel like it should
and they're all
still around
and you're still safe and sound
and they don't miss a thing
so you cry as you're driving
away in the dark
just singing

Stop this train
I wanna get off and go home
again
cant take the speed
it's movin in
I know i cant
cuz now i see
stop this train

Hurt

Im a good man
in a dark room
in a big town
under a full moon
it's a friday
and I'm almost home

Im in a good place
full of head space
got a brand new pack
in my suitcase
but its dinner
then it's bed alone

how do you break
a mended heart
I'm bored and
want something to do

I wanna fall
fall asleep
asleep in the arms
arms of a woman
a woman who doesn't
doesnt deserve my love
I wanna lie
lie to myself
myself and someone else
just to feel something
something that hurts me
the hurt makes me feel alive


gonna make it
like i need her
gonna miss her
the moment i meet her
and its only gonna get worse from there

Ill be rappin
in the shower
she'll be here by the end of the hour
I can do better
but i cant do better now


how do you break
a mended heart
I'm bored and
want something to do

I wanna fall
fall asleep
asleep in the arms
arms of a woman
a woman who doesn't
doesnt deserve my love
I wanna lie
lie to myself
myself and someone else
just to feel something
something that hurts me
the hurt makes me feel alive


so long
its over now
nice to skip the chance
to get to know you
why did i think this was true
because i wanted to

*ooooing*

I wanna fall
fall asleep
asleep in the arms
arms of a woman
a woman who doesn't
doesnt deserve my love
I wanna lie
lie to myself
myself and someone else
just to feel something
something that hurts me
the hurt makes me feel alive

I wanna fall
I wanna kneel
I wann lie, cry, say goodbye,
beg, lie, cheat and steal

Vultures

Some of us, We're hardly ever here
The rest of us, we're born to disappear
How do I stop myself from
being just a number
How do i hold my head
to keep from going under

Down to the wire
I wanted water but
I'll walk through the fire
If this is what it takes
to take me even higher
then i'll come through
Like I do
when the world keeps
testing me, testing me, testing me

How did they find me here
what do they want from me
All of these vultures hanging
right outside my door
I hear them whisperin
they're tryin to ride it out
They've never gone this long
without a kill before

Down to the wire
I wanted water but
I'll walk through the fire
If this is what it takes
to take me even higher
then i'll come through
Like I do
when the world keeps
testing me, testing me, testing me

(solo)
Wheels up
I got to leave this evening
Can't seem to keep these vultures
out of my tree(sometimes he says trail)
Powers is made, by power being taken
I keep on running
to protect(sometimes he says control) my situation

Down to the wire
I wanted water but
I'll walk through the fire
If this is what it takes
to take me even higher
then i'll come through
Like I do
when the world keeps
testing me, testing me, testing

oooooooooooo
oooooooooooo
oooooooooooo
oooooooooooo

Whatcha gonna do about it
whatcha gonna do about it
whatcha gonna do about it

Who did you think I was

Who did you think I was

I got half a smile and zero shame
I got a reflection with a different name
Got a brand new blues I can't explain
Who did you think I was

Every mornin when the day begins
I make up my mind but change it back again
I'm a shifter of the shape im in
Who did you think i was

You got my number but i always knew the score
Who did you think I was

Am I the one who plays the quiet songs
Is He the one who turns the ladies on
Will I keep shinin til my light is gone
Who did you think I was

You got my number but i always knew the score
Who did you think I was

Here is a line that you won't understand
I'm half of the boy but twice the man
Carry the weight of the world in the palm of my hand
Who did you think I was
Who did you think I was


Good Love is on the Way

I'm a lazy lover
undercover
wasting time
then one day this summer
i changed my number
to cut my line

good love is on the way
I been lonely but I know i'll be ok
good love is on the way

3 years broken hearted
but now her ghost is finally gone
I'm done with broken people
this is me
im workin on

good love is on the way
i've been lonely but i know i'll be ok
good love is on the way

Good to go for wherever I'm needed
bags are packed and they're
down by the door
you can take all the tricks up my sleeve
i dont need them any more
good love is on the way
good love is on the way
i've been lonely but i know ill be ok
good love is on the way

Trust Myself

Hold on to whatever you find, baby
Hold on to whatever will get you through
Hold on to whatever you can, baby
Cause I won’t/don’t trust myself when I’m loving you

I’m not the man I used to be
I am told that ? my heart just yet
I will talk my love a thousand roses
I might leave it on a water... ?
Hold onto whatever you get, baby
Hold onto whatever will get you through
Don’t know how much longer I’ll be here, babe
Cause I don’t trust myself
Loving you
Say, who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
You better call 'em up
You better call 'em up

I would talk myself forever in your arms
And then I’d wrestle to get out when I’m there
Cause I can’t tell you what I think I really want
Cause when it comes down to it, I don’t really care (down to you)

I don’t even care
Hold onto whatever you want, baby
Hold onto whatever will get you through
Don’t know how much longer I’ll be around, baby
Cause I don’t trust myself when I’m loving you
Who do you love?
I gotta get proof
I’ll be waiting,

Hold on to whatever you want, baby
Hold on to whatever will get you through
leave right now i'm tired of talking baby
Cause I don’t trust myself loving you
Hold onto whatever you want, baby
Hold onto what you thought you needed
The wind round here blows everything away
And I don’t trust myself on loving you
I don’t trust myself on loving you

Gravity

Gravity, is working against me
And Gravity, wants to bring me down
Oh, Ive never known what makes this man
With all the love that this heart can stand
Dream of ways to throw it all away

Whoa, Gravity is working against me
And Gravity, it wants to bring me down
Oh, twice as much aint twice as good
And cant sustain like one half could
Its wanting more that's gonna set me to my knees

Guitar solo

Twice as much aint twice as good
And cant sustain like one half could
Its wanting more that's gonna set me to my knees

Whoa Gravity, stay the hell away from me
And Gravity, has taken better man than me
Now how can that be
Just keep me where the light is
Just keep me where the light is
Just keep me where the light is
Just keep me where the light is


Hummingbird

Once upon almost every mornin
I woke up to find her flying in
Hummingbied was making blurs with blue and wings of purple in the air
All the while, I was trying to keep her there
Now I'm man enough to leave
Man enough to always care
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Thats song I heardbr> That's my hummingbird
Just because I said I didn't want it
Doesn't mean I want her to go
In fact I quite depended on it but i didnt want her to know
Now that she is gone that I,
All the while, I was trying to keep her there
Now I'm man enough to leave
Man enough to always care
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Thats song I heardbr> That's my hummingbird
hummingbird
hummingbird


In Repair

Too many shadows in my room
too many hours *something*
too many moments in my mind
so *something*

Oh its taking to long
i could be wrong
i could be right
Oh...it might take my heart some time
*something*
I am in repair
I am in repair
*something*
*something*
*something*
*something*
Oh it's taking so long
i could be wrong
I could be right
Oh it might take my heart some time
*something*

I am in repair
I am in repair

Ohhhh

and now im walking *something*
*something*
*something* again
It will feel good *something*

Oh its taking to long
i could be wrong
i could be right
Oh...it might take my heart some time

*something*

Ohhh
*something*
*something*
I'm in repair
Im not together
but im getting there

I'm in repair
Im not together
but im getting there

I'm in repair
Im not together
but im getting there

I'm in repair
Im not together
but im getting there

yea yea

oh im not together
im not together
but im gettin there

I'm in repair
Im not together
but im getting there
no no no

I'm in repair
Im not together
but im getting there
I'm in repair
Im not together
but im Johnny May

No comments: