Wanna Wrestle?
| "I guess NASCAR thinks 'Hey, wrestling worked, and it was for the most part staged, so I guess it's going to work in racing, too.' I can't understand how long the fans are going to let NASCAR treat them like they're stupid before the fans finally turn on NASCAR. I don't know that they've run a fair race all year." |
|
| — Tony Stewart |
I can agree with this in theory. For anyone who has ever been involved at any level with racing, can attest to the "strange" things that happen. I have seen mystery flags thrown for no reason, mid race lineup changes with no explination, and mistaken black flags. I have seen on and off track scuffles, riots and mobs, I have even seen the flagman leave the track halfway during the race. I have seen the president of a international racing organization interupt a race by runing onto the track mid race.
Being a race director is a job I would least likely take if you paid me. Just as any officiating position in the sports or real world; your choices no matter what they are affect people in various ways. I would like to know if all those years I raced that nothing "bogus" occured at the direction from a official not on the track. But here is to wisful thinking.
I'll let my win total speak for itself. 300+
No comments:
Post a Comment