Monday, April 28, 2008

A recap in leu of the nightcap.

Catching my breath. Still in a exhaust, rubber, and smoky haze from the weekend. I successfully, at least I think so,  was able to partake in a few events, spaning much of the great north central part of the state. Lets do this time line style:
 
Friday - After a week of sleep deprived good ness, mainly my fault for working on research and sponsorship packages, hung out at the Bransford Estate with their family and friends and went to see the late showing of "Smart People" Late night to bed. Not so impressed with the movie, but it was not all bad.
 
Saturday, Early morning sprint home and prompt departure to the Q for a Porsche Rally. I have never been to one of these but was told it could either be a crusier event or a all out sprint to your destination. I hoped for the latter. And turns out the latter was what we got. I even got my chance to drive a rear engined 911s down the crest, not the easiest place to get your feet wet, but it was a blast. I saw some of the best sights NM14 has to offer and met some really great people who love driving their cars for what they were made for. a rare group.
 
After the rally finished in Santa Fe, I got a quick cat nap in and headed down the Q again for the Kanye West concert..
 
Went to the concert with Lisar and her good friend and what could have been a weather related disaster, turned out great. We froze our azzes off. But It was a great show. Just Kanye up there pouring his musical heart out. We were witness to the usual concert drama, fights, underage libations, girls in the mens bathroom, and $9 beers, and $6 liters of hot chocolate water. After the concert was a food seekers worst nightmare. The closing of the Frontier as a 24 hour establishment has left a void in the Q. We went to Dennys, where 35 minutes in they refused to acknowledge us. I urged us to stay but lost out and we went to Village inn. Almost the same story there. We were witness to employees quitting and walking out, huge groups of pre-1940's esque seniors dresses up in zoot suits, and one very nice but on edge server. I sprinted home at 330 am for a quick sleep to prep for sunday.
 
Sunday, awoke a little later than planned, but rested and went to check out the car show at the fairgrounds. I drooled over some cars that for some reason all cost 50k and then headed back home to do some neccessary work on the car, watched some great racing on tv, and hung out with my family. I miss them. After a quick trip back up to santa fe, ran to church, then to dinner, then to see :Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Which out of the "Superbad" camp had to be the funniest movie i have seen in a while. I returned home exhausted after some sleep and the usual 6am run back home, I got ready for work and sprinted back to work. I am bleery eyed, tired, but motivated and glad I hung on and did all this stuff.
 


--
Matthew Ruybal

1 comment:

Dr. Goddess Mommy said...

I LOVED Forgetting Sarah Marshall! I'm so glad you saw it!