Finally a new post; "Everyday I have the blues"
August is in twilight. Summer is almost officially over. It's the time of year that I feel I come into my own; metaphorically speaking. I don't know if it has something to do with looking over my shoulder and seeing another year catching up with me and getting my stuff together. Or if it is just checking and rechecking that list of resolutions and through attrition knowing I more or less have accomplished what I and others wanted from me. Labor Day weekend is always a welcome time. An added bonus is the weather is great. Year 26 is on the way and "I'm good to go for wherever I'm needed; bags are packed and I'm down by the door" and realize I have come to appreciate having the blues every now and then.
I am also looking forward to some new challenges. Being more efficient in my promises and taking a little time to read up on what "the Joneses are doing" Starting in a day or so I will have a house mate and its been a while since I departed from the land of roommates and house mates. Something I have missed. Ever more determined to make it work.
Short and long term plans (you know those 5 to 20 year plans you did as schoolwork?) have become a little clearer. If I could just loop the past 6 months and do that for a while would be the ideal. But something tells me things will be changing. Life in the exec. lane is mighty fluid and full of changes. As long as I can do my thing for a while.
Holiday plans are up in the air and the more i think about it the more i pause and wonder how to fit it all in. A swift trip to Texas, a return to Houston to visit family to be exact, in a few weeks should be interesting. It has been a while since I took that plane.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment