Saturday, July 29, 2006

Untitled - John Mayer c'1999

"Basically nothing has changed she explained, we’re so happy you’re home again. You take the winter to get back on your feet. Your bed is being made; and your father washed the sheets; for you.

So we talked a while about all my woes, the smile is worse than I told you so. When she said to wash up and get to bed, I knew the freedom I had learned I would learned quickly to forget, and nobody understands and nobody seems to care about the compromise of a man coming home after five long years, giving up after five long years.

Unpacked my bags in the living room, and smell the last of her sweet perfume; that came with the girl that went with the world; that I traded in today just to live a safer way. And nobody understands and nobody seems to care about the compromise of a man coming home after five long years. Giving up after five long years.

She says you’re always welcome here, and you’ll never be alone. Perhaps that’s not my greatest fear, I’ll always call this home."

No comments: