
It's Exactly How it All Went Down
Sometime I feel like my life or what I would like to believe is my life parallels JM's next lyrical offering. The below lyrics are from the new John Mayer Trio- Stitch Me Up:
It's exactly how you hear it,
It's exactly how it all went down,
It was later in the evening,
The facts and the figures got turned around,
True there was a woman, yes she did advance my way,
And I can't be sure exactly, but I swear I saw her say my name,
It was the right time,
She was the real thing,
I had to walk away,
Don't want to be stichted up,
Out of my mind,
Feeling strung out,
Lagging behind,
Trapped in,
I can't do a thing,
Because I'm locked down,
Stitched up feeling the burn,
Strung out ive fallen in love
You cant do a thing,
Because you're locked down
Falling in love,
Cant do a thing because I'm locked down.
I wonder where she came from?
I wonder where shes gotta go?
Whos to say she single?
Whos to say shes on her own?
I mean girls like that don't sleep alone,
Back on the small list and I know I'm not the first one to think that,
So this is the not the first, Oh sure won't be the last,
Spending my whole life looking behind my back,
I just don't think I'm ready for that.
Stiched up feeling the burn,
Strung out; I'm falling behind, stiched up,
strung out I've fallen in love
You can't do a thing because you're locked down
Finally in love, can't do a thing because I'm locked down.
Stitch me up,
String me out,
Strap me in,
Lock me down...
No comments:
Post a Comment