Monday, June 21, 2010


Dreams. I don't normally dream when I sleep, when I do, it is usually because I am sick with the flu or something. Lately, I have been having very vivid dreams. These dreams mainly take place in what I think is the future, or near future. I try not to take them too seriously but the detail in which they contain clues or issues is so vivid I am having trouble ignoring them. One such dream was a forrest fire in the nearby mountains reaching my home, and by some miracle I saved my home but became badly injured. Another dream was me reading a handwritten note I received from someone I was hoping would write me back and it contained very hurtful things and scenarios. Usually I dream during times of distress and those dreams often contain future events that do happen or are very close. In either case, I hope they won't, but they will.

Fast forward to this past weekend. Family trip to Colorado. I look forward to this weekend the most out of any. This trip my family took me to the Ruybalid Trail. Its about 3 miles or so to the top, where there is a waterfall. Not knowing what to expect, I went. The trail was pretty steep, I was feeling good, I am in the best shape I have been in a long time, and was happy to have my family hiking with me.

Once we all reached the falls, we stopped at the bottom, it was about time to head back. I decided to hike up closer to the falls to see how close I could get to them. The closer I got the more profound the falls became. The roar of the water created a mist that cooled the temperatures by 20 degrees or more, the water also created a windstream that nearly knocked you off your feed.

As I was about to leave, I noticed against the back wall of the falls, there was a rock with writing on it. Or so i thought. It was against the wall behind the water fall. Nobody else saw it, so I decided to climb. It was pretty scary as the rocks were moss covered and slick. Something was pushing me to find out what this rock said, it seemed out of place. After cautiously making my way to the rock, I reached it. It read, "If I had known I was going to live so long, I'd have taken better care of myself"- unknown.. This was amazing, a piece of rock, not fastened to the wall, sitting there, almost unnoticeable. Where it was perched, no sound, dead calm, all behind a roaring waterfall.

A calm came over me, I let out a sigh and felt comfort like I haven't in weeks. There was a reason that hike happened, my family had been there before, they wanted me to see the trail. I needed to be here, I had a purpose. I shall return someday to share that experience with others.

No comments: