Wanna believe my own hype but it's too untrue; The world brought me to my knees, what have you bring you?
February.
The second full week of February is always a little strange. The weather flirts with spring, then returns to blast you with winter all over again. Tempers flare, Illness is all around. Our attention is turned to plans for the spring, summer and beyond, but never really sure if they will materialize. It may be all inside my head but I never get a good bearing on whats going on outside of work this time of year. Maybe it is being there in this bubble of 24/7 stress and motion. Who Knows. I feel way busier than I am, and I hope this does not come across to others as me blowing people and events off. I have no intention to do that, however I feel like I am in fast motion all the time with a full plate. In a lot of ways this is true. But deep down I am not buying it. 24 hours is hardly long enough to keep up with it all. I really need to get back to working on my guitar lessons. But everything else is going great.
I have to give a big shout of to the Travel TV Show "No Reservations" Finally a "food" show for those of us who like to think we could cook like a pro, but would rather drudge the wide unknown to find the people and places that make that great food possible. I hope to keep up with this show more than I usually do. That is a tall order. Great concept, the kind of TV dad used to make... And a healthy does of sarcasm and booze helps too. Its a style thing.
Lots of big things coming up I hope, there is nothing and I mean nothing I look forward to more then the first Sunday of every month. racing time. It kind of spoils the whole rest of the month. If you are reading this I hope to see you there, check it out and try sometime. You may find its more of a thrill then you think. http://www.route66karting.com Hope you come out and spoil your month with me.
In funnier work related events. While walking back to the office, A courier, who will remain unnamed, didn't realize he was not the only one in the corridor and was jamming out and singing lyrics from snoop dogg's "Sexual Eruption" Mid chorus he turns to find me with a look of amazement on my face, but unbeknowst to him I know the lyric to finish what he started, it was funny. High fives all around and we went back to work. Lisa is haunted by this song.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment