Thursday, May 10, 2007

When the sun goes down
It's not a homage to the daily setting of the sun, but more of a thought about when "the sun goes down" on this crazy journey of life. As anyone who knows me can tell you I have been immersing myself in all kinds of music lately, and in particular music from Europe made in the early to mid 1980's. The stakes were the same, Middle Eastern conflicts, tension in the USSR, etc. I will insert lyrics from The Sun Goes Down - Level 42 -1983 in this blog:
 
Though I live on the edge time is on my side
All the doors to my life are open wide
Just as long as the wheels keep on turning 'round
I will live for the groove 'til the sun goes down
 
I am eagerly looking forward to the summer, and hope to be more ambitious this time about hanging out with my friends both local and not so local. I hope they buy into this as well. But as history has shown we make excuses, being tired, etc to get in the way of connecting with each other.
 
Living it up, living it up
I can feel it
Living it up
Is it a crazy notion?
Living it up, living it up
I can feel it
Living it up
I got forward motion
 
 
I seem to connect to the idea of being on the edge more than with all the various "liciousness" out there anyway.



 
 
 


 
 
 

No comments: