A change of font, and a change in other things, so please do not be offended.
I am reminded of an true event so hilarious I must retell it here. The people are real only the details have changed, LOL!
Anyway the setting is September 2002, and the ever infamous and time honored UNM vs. NMSU football game in Las Cruces, NM. This was the first time many of us had been to a college football game out of Albuquerque and were excited to go. The previous night we had went to Juarez, a first for some, but ill tell that story another time, back to the game, we showed up late and only had about an hour to tailgate, and "prep" ourselves for the game. Needless to say, it was still pretty hot out and adult beverages consumed in a short amount of time, to the untrained professionals, can be rather potent, so we make it to the game, with smuggled beverages in all possible storage areas on our person, and I pick up a can of your favorite adult beverage, and attempt to open it, at the same millisecond I try to open the can, It slips and lands bottom side down on the concrete flooring below our seat, keep in mind, the stadium is packed, when this occurs, a tidal way, it seemed, of beer and foam sprayed the unsuspecting crowd around us, twenty or so in all had become soaked, to make matters worse a state cop who was providing security at the game noticed the now, beverage soaked fans, and came over to speak with me and the rowdy bunch of UNM fans, he gave us a lecture but was really nice, not something I would have expected given the circumstances, like he was on cue, one of our new members begins rapidly rejecting the contents of his stomach all over the bleachers. Upon arrival to the parking lot I go to find there is someone sleeping on my car, low and behold its one of my friends who apparently didn't make it into the game, but wait there's more, inside the car there is some boy/girl friendliness going on, around this time a friend from unm rolls up and says hey you? In my dazed state I call out the wrong name, meanwhile the then girlfriend calls and introduces me via phone to her grandparent, but again in my state I didn't remember who she was, then somehow I was back in the game standing ankle deep in water, the water system in the bathrooms flooded so we had to leave the game, after the game, in the parking lot our ride didn't want us drinking rowdies in his car so we walked along side the car until we got out of the parking lot and went home to abq, one of the most eventful.
so if you ever get a chance to attend a game, do so, and i would not condone or recommend this behavior to anyone. Did i mention in 2006 the lobos will be back in Las Cruces.
I have no idea how that fits into things going on today, i have no idea. but anyhow, its been a good week.
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment